Fall is a wonderful time to plant, and we are making it easier for you to shop for native plants by expanding our open hours.
We’ll be open MONDAYS this fall, from 9 to 5, and are offering a special week of evening hours, the week of September 10. Monday-Friday September 10 to 14 we will be open from 9 am to 7 pm.
Last Day of Retail Shopping Hours for the 2018 season is Wednesday October 31. We are closed the weekend of October 27 and 28.
Stop in and see us, rain or shine!
Fall planting is a great idea. Here’s nine reasons why:
1. While the soil is still warm, plants will put on new root growth before they go dormant.
2. Temperatures are cooler, so plants need less water.
3. Plants will have two seasons of cool temperatures (fall and next spring) before encountering hot summer weather.
4. The plant’s resources are put towards root growth, as they are not combating heat and drought.
5. Less watering is needed because of cooler temperatures.
6. BETTER PLANT SELECTION! There is always a much larger assortment of plants and a better selection in the fall. We do our growing outdoors and have had all season to grow.
7. Fall is a beautiful time to be outdoors, and you won’t break a sweat as you dig your holes.
8. Fall planting simplifies spring maintenance… if your planting is done, in spring all you have to do is weed and tweak.
9. Shopping in the fall is fun! No worries about getting overheated, thirsty, or sunburnt. Crisp blue skies and fresh air are in abundance at Edge of the Woods. What fun to see all the fall colors as you shop. (… and if there’s rain — no worries, we’ve got you covered with an assortment of large umbrellas you can carry while you shop.)