Fall planting is a great idea. Here’s 8 reasons why:
1. While the soil is still warm, plants will put on new root growth before they go dormant.
2. Temperatures are cooler, so plants need less water.
3. Plants will have two seasons of cool temperatures (fall and next spring) before encountering hot summer weather.
4. The plant puts its resources towards root growth because it does not have to combat heat and drought.
5. Temperatures are cooler, so you don’t need to water as much!
6. Fall is a beautiful time to be outdoors, and you won’t break a sweat as you dig your holes.
7. Fall planting simplifies spring maintenance… if your planting is done, in spring all you have to do is weed and tweak.
8. Shopping in the fall is fun! No worries about getting overheated, thirsty, or sunburnt. Crisp blue skies and fresh air are in abundance at Edge of the Woods. What fun to see all the fall colors as you shop.