Job Title: Nursery Sales Associate Part Time
Reports To: Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Summary: Assists customers and provides quality customer service by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned. Weekends (Saturdays April-October. Sundays April-June.) and some holidays required. (Occasional Saturdays off are possible.) *
- Greets customers as they enter the sales area.*
- Assists customers with purchases, plant selections, and inquiries.*
- Provide information to customers on Edge of the Woods offerings. *
- Assist in weeding and pricing of plants.*
- Assist in keeping plants in retail area looking neat – weeding, trimming, tagging and pricing as needed.*
- Answers telephones in a professional manner. Transfers calls and writes messages as needed.*
- Assists customers with purchases and inquiries to include providing price and product information as requested.*
- Completes customer invoices in an accurate manner.*
- Processes customer payments to include receiving payments, managing cash drawer, operating charge machines and returning appropriate change.*
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to speak to small groups of people, relaying concrete and abstract concepts.
Basic math computational skills (add, subtract, discounts, percentages.)
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outdoor weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet or humid conditions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
The job is an outdoor position and employee must be able to tolerate ranges in temperature and working in rain.