Job Title: Nursery Associate
Reports To: General Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Pay Rate: $12-15 per hour, depending on experience.
Summary: Assists in maintaining plants and gardens in nursery. Assists customers and provides quality customer service by performing the following duties.
Seasonal Mid-March to Mid-November yearly. Approx. 35-40 hours per week. Saturdays, and some holidays required.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Loading and unloading container plants weighing up to 20 pounds onto trailer or wagon, unassisted. *
- Assist in assembling remote orders for customer pickup, ensuring accuracy of items selected. *
- Process customer check-out accurately, receive payments and make change.*
- Help load customer purchases. *
- Assist in keeping sales and work area clean, neat, stocked, priced, and signed accurately. This involves sweeping, raking, weeding, and similar tasks, as well as understanding basic botanic nomenclature.*
- Prepare soil and potting media by hauling various materials using wheelbarrows, shovels and carts.*
- Transplant, weed, water, pot, fertilize, trim, divide, and label plants.*
- Weed gardens and haul debris to compost pile.