- We offer container grown native trees, shrubs, grasses, sedges, ferns, perennial flowers, aquatics, and bog plants.
- Whether you are working on a home landscape, woodland, wetland, hedgerow, or rain garden we specialize in helping you match the right plant to the right place.
- We grow and provide healthy, vigorous native plants, grown by horticulturists. Many of the species we carry are rarely offered by other nurseries and are difficult to find in cultivation.
- Click HERE for more information on the plants we offer!
- We grow as many plants from seed as we can to ensure genetic diversity. Growing plants from seed can be a lengthy process, and can take up to 3 years to produce a plant ready-to-sell. Read more about the value of genetic diversity HERE.
- We also use other propagation methods, such as cuttings and division, to propagate certain plants.
Respect for Our Ecosystem
- We use a minimal amount of synthetic herbicides and insecticides. Our integrated pest management plan prioritizes the health and protection of our local ecosystem, including pollinating insects. All of our plants are safe for visiting bees and other insects. We do not use ‘neo-nics’.
- We do not utilize artificial growth hormones. We focus on producing plants with strong, healthy roots. Because we do not use growth hormones or excessive fertilizers, our plants grow at a natural pace. This, combined with the priority of strong roots, allows for our plants to transplant and adapt to your garden easily with very little ‘transplant shock’.
Helping You Learn
- We create our own detailed signage, focusing on the role the plants play in the ecosystem, researching each plant’s cultural needs and indicating its role in the ecosystem. This streamlines your plant selection process!
- We have also created numerous plant lists to aid in your selection.
- We maintain display gardens on our property to help you see how natives behave in a garden setting. This also gives you a unique experience of seeing many of these species as mature specimens.
- Much of our staff’s time involves helping customers learn more about native plants and selecting the right plants for their gardens. We are eager to welcome new customers and happy to help with plant selections and answer your questions to the best of our ability.
- Our staff are formerly educated, many with degrees in horticulture or biological sciences. All of our staff are local residents and receive fair wages above industry average.
- Learn more about our history and our staff HERE.
Making a Purchase
- We are walk-in, retail nursery. Please visit us from April-October.
- We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, personal checks, ApplePay, and cash.
- Landscape and design professionals seeking a quote on plants, please fill out this form. (in the dropdown menu, please select “Brian Hoffman, Sales Manager”)
- Small scale contract growing is available, please inquire.
- We do not issue a catalog
- We do not ship plants
- If requested, we can provide ‘contact-less pickup’.
- Gift Cards for use in the nursery are available. (Can be used for consultation services).
- You can purchase a gift card online HERE,for immediate delivery or schedule for a later date.
Visiting the Nursery
- Here is helpful information for your first visit to the nursery.
- Join one of our nursery tours.
- If you have never been to the nursery before and would like a personalized orientation tour please inquire and we can arrange one with you!
We look forward to your visit and to helping you learn more about native plants.