The plants in our native plant nursery are grown by horticulturists, with strict attention paid to producing a plant with healthy roots. Many of the plants we carry are rarely offered by other nurseries. Some are grown from seed, a process which can take up to three years from seed to sell-able plant. We limit the use of chemicals, hand weeding our plants, and managing many pests with organic or natural methods.
Our plants are not forced with growth hormones, we use minimal pesticides in the nursery, and practice Integrated Pest Management. We do not use systemic pesticides or “neo-nics”. Our plants are safe for visiting bees, insects and wildlife.
We offer container grown native trees, shrubs, grasses, ferns and wildflowers. Whether you are working on a home landscape, woodland, wetland, hedgerow, or rain garden we specialize helping you match the right plant to the right place.
- Here is information on plant sizes, prices, etc
- We provide detailed signage for each plant to help you make the correct selection for your garden.
- We offer Native Plant Starter Kits. Click for more info.
- We offer plant lists to aid in your plant selection
MAKING A PURCHASE
CHANGES TO OUR OPERATION DUE TO COVID-19 PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR HOW TO PURCHASE PLANTS
- We are walk-in, retail nursery. We are not mail order and do not offer a catalog. Please visit us from April-October.
- If you know exactly what you are looking for and planning a purchase of more than 25 or so plants, we can have an order ready for you when you arrive. Please download, fill out, and email us the order form found here.
- Landscape and design professionals seeking a quote on plants, please fill out this form. In the dropdown menu, please select “Brian Hoffman, Sales Manager”
- Small scale contract growing is available, please inquire.
VISITING THE NURSERY
- Here is helpful information for your first visit to the nursery.
- Join one of our nursery tours.
- If you have never been to the nursery before and would like a personalized orientation tours are available.
We look forward to your visit and to helping you learn more about native plants.