Interested in planting native, but short on time? Overwhelmed with information, don’t know what plants to select? Let us help.
- We’ll select an assortment of perennials to provide bloom in spring, summer, and fall.
- No Design Needed! By nature, native plants move around, so you will be successful if you place your plants randomly and allow them to seed around. (We’ll let you know which ones you might want to put in the back of your garden (taller) and which in the front (shorter) and answer any of your questions about plant placement.)
- Tell us about your site and any special needs
- Once you approve the selections, we’ll reserve the plants for you and notify you when they are ready.
- Take them home, pop them in your garden. Mulch lightly, water, and your garden is ready to take off.
- IT’S THAT EASY!
Starter Kits with Container Plants
Our plants are robust, well-rooted, container plants. Most are in one gallon containers. More petite plants are in smaller containers. All are at least one year old and of blooming age. Use the form below to order
15 plant kit: $180 30 Plant Kit: $360 45 Plant Kit: $540
Starter Kits with Landscape Plugs
Depending on the time of year we may be able to create a kit comprised on Landscape Plugs. Pricing for plug kits is as follows. If you are interested in purchasing a Plug Kit, contact Brian @ EdgeOfTheWoodsNursery.com to see if they are available.
15 plug kit: $105 30 plug Kit: $210 45 plug Kit: $315
Five Themes Available
Plant an eye-popping assortment of native perennials that will support pollinators. Enjoy the season-long show of visiting insects, butterflies and beneficial insects. For information on species and more about Pollinator Patch Garden Kits, read this PDF: Pollinator Perennials
Butterflies require support for all phases of their life cycle, from caterpillar to adult. Fortunately, native plants fit the bill. We’ll provide plants that are sure to support any butterflies in your neighborhood. Species and information on Butterfly Starter Kits: Butterfly starter kit
If you have a damp spot in the garden, or a place where water puddles, we can select an assortment of plants that will thrive there. If you wish, you can even create a depression in your lawn to collect rain water. The plants will help run-off re-enter the groundwater table without over-flowing storm drains.For information on species and more about Rain Gardens, read this PDF: Rain garden starter kits
There are many native plants that will thrive in shade or part shade. If you don’t have full sun, choose this kit and we’ll provide an assortment that will match your site and also support birds, pollinators, and butterflies.
Birds use native plants in many ways – they eat the seed from dormant flower heads, use leaves and stems for nesting material, feast on the insects that visit the plants, and perch and hide among the plants. Plant an assortment that will make the birds in your garden happy year-round.
Because each kit is custom assembled based on your site we will communicate with you to finalize your kit and payment. Please use the form below to order. We’ll be in touch to confirm species to match your site.