A few small changes in your landscape can make a big difference! Many of the projects we are proudest of are tiny suburban and city pocket gardens. With a few small tweaks it can be possible to add diversity to your garden, attract beneficial insects, and support song birds and pollinators.
- Here are just a few ways a small addition to your landscape can make a big difference in your local ecosystem. We can help you with them from start to finish, or get you started so you can complete them on your own.
- Add a shrub border for flowers and berries
- Add flowering perennials or a grass garden for butterflies and bees
- Channel run off water into a small low maintenance rain garden
- Replace an invasive plant or shrub with a native
- Restore an existing garden bed using natives
- Add natives to an un-used, open space in your landscape
- Increase plant diversity of an existing landscape or garden bed
- Tie existing garden beds together visually and ecologically, unifying the appearance of the landscape and allowing passage of wildlife easily from one plant to the next
A small project can increase enjoyment of your existing garden, too. Have you considered a few of these easy to implement projects?
- Create some mystery by adding a path through your landscape for a joyful walk
- Add a cutting garden, or a shade tree garden for a quiet bench
- Fill empty spaces with plants for less weeding
- Add a splash of color with a few well-placed perennials or shrubs
- Rejuvenate overgrown shrubs with expert pruning.
If you can imagine it, we can help you with it, whether you are looking for start- to- finish planning, planting and maintenance, or a help thinking through your project and selecting plants. We have the skills needed:
- We recommend that right plant for the right place, learning about your site and suggesting plants that will thrive in existing conditions
- We plant for the mature size of the plant.
- Edge of the Woods Native Plant Service crew is well educated and combined have over 30 years of horticultural experience.
- Staff includes team members with degrees in horticulture, biology, and environmental issues, as well as certifications in Sustainable Landscapes and Horticulture
- Licensed pesticide Applicator
- Registered PA Dept. of Agriculture
- Member PLNA (Pennsylvania Landscape and Nursery Association)
Edge of the Woods Native Plant Services specializes in working with the existing grade of the land, with minimal disturbance, all while increasing the ecological value and aesthetic beauty of your garden. Request our services today!